Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What could be better than proving an old theory correct?

My daughter, Abbie, has always been the curious type. Like the time she wanted to know what bones looked like on the inside, so she broke the ones in her arm to get a good look at them. One scar looks like a slug; the other looks like railroad tracks. But it's not all bad - they help her tell left from right.


So when she asked tonight if it's really true that spaghetti sticks to the wall when it's done, I looked in the other direction. Here's the proof:

Just in case you were wondering.

Then she wanted to know how long it would stick and I had to put my foot down. If anyone knows the answer to this question, I'd be much obliged if you'd share it. That strand of pasta doesn't go with the decor.

And since Abbie is undoubtedly the most creative of my children, she offered the following excuse for not having many arbs (that's backwards lingo for unmentionables - this IS a family blog, you know): "The pink one is old and stretched out, and the dog ate my black one."

Oh, really?

Unfortunately, this is true. Pete is no respecter of chew toys - he'll take whatever's handy. Our biggest struggle with him has been trying to keep him from raiding the bathroom trash can. It's like a box of chocolates - his favorites are the used tissues. So we thought we'd get smart and put a baby gate in the doorway. No such luck. He found Abbie's trash can. That's not where he found the black arb - that was just an extra he grabbed on the way by. Our next idea is to buy those trash cans where you step on the little thingy and the lid lifts up. If he can figure those out, I'll start throwing used tissues in his food bowl and call it extra fiber.

And finally, our friends David and Rie are adopting again. They have four children of their own, and one adopted son from Kazakhstan (I have no idea if I spelled that right). They are trying to adopt a 14-month-old Polish girl who is blind. She's absolutely beautiful! They've asked us to pray that someone would pick her up and love on her every day until they get her. Would you pray with us?

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

Your blog is so sweet!! And fun to read.

I am thinking about homeschooling my children (they are still very young), so I am going to continue reading. You seem like you'll give a good glimpse of what its like.

And, I got the daddy t-shirt (about dads with pretty daughters) at cafepress.com
They have t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I got the cheaper t-shirt, and I dont think it was too pricy (less than $20....my husband is a 2XL, so thats reasonable for his size!).
I have gotten a lot of feedback from his shirt! Our daughter is only 3 months old, but he announced the demise of any boy who looks at her when I was pregnant!!! I am so thankful for him, though!