Sunday, December 9, 2007

Assorted and sundry drivel for your perusing pleasure. Or maybe not.

Like a true scientist, I have proven a theory by thorough experimentation. Scrumptious Sundays have fallen by the wayside, over the cliff really, since the second week. Or did I ever make the second week? Even I don't remember. You know those commercials about life coming at you fast? They base those on me. And speaking of commercials, have you seen the new one for a pregnancy test? While the nifty test stick is being shown at close-up range, the serious-sounding announcer is saying in the background, "The most technologically advanced piece of equipment you'll ever pee on." I don't know, maybe it was just the lack of sleep, but that cracked me up just a little.

Ahem. Back to Scrumptious Sundays. I think I'm up to four recipes owed now. I might catch up, I might not. The suspense is killing you, I know, but that's the best I can do. Tomorrow we will drive 2 1/2 hours to visit our friendly orthodontist and to have Adorable's senior portrait done. And 2 1/2 hours home. Oh, the sheer excitement of it. Then Tuesday we have another visit to our dear doctor's lawn down the street to remove leaves. My joy knows no bounds. Wednesday we might get some school done, then off to cook for 30+ teenagers. Somewhere before Friday I need to get a piece of plywood cut for the top bunk in the boys' room. I stole theirs to put under my mattress and it's the next best thing to a new bed so I refuse to give it back. I put one on Ben's side too, but that was an extra we had in the garage. I'm rambling, aren't I?

OK, so it's looking like no recipes for you this week. In lieu of my own favorites, I share this link, where I find a lot of them, and maybe you will too.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: