Friday, August 10, 2007

I've heard that when a woman is approaching menopause, her thinking gets "foggy." I've actually read this in many places, all of which are reputable medical-type books and articles. Well, I have surpassed "foggy" and am well on my way to "thick as pea soup." Not once or twice, but three times now I have written bills in the checkbook register as being paid, but neglected to actually go to my bank's website to pay the bill. Then a month later I get a bill for twice what it should be and I panic. This month was different though. When I got a Verizon Wireless bill that was astronomical, I knew immediately what I had done. Isn't that sad? That I am getting used to my own stupidity? God help me.

Last night I made the most delicious dinner (at least I remember the food). Abbie and I like to watch cooking shows when we get the chance (which is not often), and last week we saw an episode of Bobby Flay's "Boy Meets Grill." In case you don't know, Bobby Flay is the king of grilling. Anyway, he made this incredible Orzo Salad with green onions, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and dill, and served it with grilled shrimp. My family ate like starving refugees. Next time I'll cook twice as many shrimp, but I'll have to mortgage the house first. Hopefully I'll remember to pay the bill.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: