Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I am not a TV fan. The only things I ever watch are American Idol, and the food shows when Abbie is watching them. And What Not to Wear once in a while. I have a hard time sitting still to watch an entire movie, and absolutely cannot abide the "flicking" from one channel to another. It makes me a nervous wreck. So in the evenings when the rest of my family is watching TV, I read.

I just finished reading The Innocent Man by John Grisham. If you like watching lawyer shows, you will love this book. It is the true story of Ron Williamson and Dennis Fritz, who were wrongly convicted of a brutal rape and murder, spent 14 years in prison (some on death row, with Williamson actually coming within hours of being executed), and were finally exonerated by DNA testing. All this while the true murderer was right under their noses. Amazing.

I also recently finished Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer. It, too, was fascinating. I've already tried some of his techniques and they even work on my stupid bulldog! His training ideas are not that different from those we use with our children, other than the part about walking them 2 or 3 miles twice a day. It was well worth the read.

My girls are in TN this week visiting their sister, so I'm the only female in the house and feeling quite outnumbered. My goal is to get all the ceiling fans and light fixtures cleaned - they get grimy after a winter of heating with a woodstove - and vacuum out all the windowsills. Now doesn't that sound like a fun week?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: