Friday, April 10, 2015

Life lesson #28.

Today I did something I never thought I would do. If you'd told me this morning when I woke up that I was going to do this today, I would have laughed in your face. It was so bizarre, I almost couldn't pull it off. I walked around CVS for a good twenty minutes trying to work up the courage, and then I couldn't stop fidgeting while I was standing in line. I was filled with an irrational fear that someone I knew would walk in at that very moment and see me standing there holding it. My reputation would be ruined. No one would ever take my healthy-living advice again. I would be a laughingstock. (I just learned that laughingstock is one word, not hyphenated.)

I bought a Diet Coke.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

It wasn't for me. I bought it for a friend who had spent the day in the ER after she injured her back bending over to put food in her dog's bowl. And since I know that the more stress she's under, the more she needs a Diet Coke, I figured she could use one. I'm an enabler that way.

So the moral of the story is don't bend over to feed the dog or you might wind up drinking a Diet Coke in the ER.

Life lessons you can't live without.

No comments: